Instituto de Telecomunicações
+40° 38′ 3.12″, -8° 39′ 35.90″
Campus Universitário de Santiago,
3810-193 AVEIRO – PORTUGAL
Tel: +351 234 377 900
Fax: +351 234 377 901
How to reach IT
- From the north using the A1 motorway or from the east using the IP5.
Take the A1 motorway in the direction of Lisbon. Exit the A1 in the direction of Aveiro and take the IP5. From the IP5 there are two exits to the city, first “Aveiro-Norte” and then some kilometers laterthere is “Aveiro”. This second exit is used for reaching the University of Aveiro. (The University is near the hospital).
- From the south using the A1 motorway
Take the A1 motorway in the direction of Porto. Exit the motorway at “Aveiro-Sul/Águeda” (exit 15) and follow the EN235 road directly to the University campus. (The University is near the hospital).
The closest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro international airport in Porto, located some 80 km to the north of Aveiro. Portela international airport in Lisbon is located 250 km to the south of Aveiro.
- From Porto AirportBy train from PortoThe train is the most practical means of making the journey to Aveiro. The trip between the airport and the railway station (called Porto-Campanhã), which has direct rail connections to Aveiro, can be made by taxi for around 20€ and takes around 30 minutes. A less expensive alternative to reach the station is to use AeroBus (a shuttle bus to the city costing around 2€60), as far as Avenida dos Aliados and then taking a train from São Bento railway station in the city centre either directly to Aveiro or with a change at Porto-Campanhã.. The train journey to Aveiro takes between 40 minutes and 1h15, depending on the type of train used. Information on train prices and timetables are available atwww.cp.pt. There are regular trains to Aveiro from Porto. Aveiro railway station is located in the centre of the city (see map of city) about 20 minutes walking distance or 5-minute taxi ride from the University Campus.By subway from Porto Airport
At the airport you have a subway line called “E line” or “blue line” that you can use to get to one of the Porto train stations called Campanhã. At this point you can use a train to get to IT as described above.
Information on subway prices and timetables are available at http://www.metrodoporto.pt.By car from Porto Airport
At the airport there are various car hire agencies. Follow the signs for the A1 motorway in the direction of Lisbon (there is a toll charge of around 3€15). Leave the A1 at the exit for Aveiro and take the A25. From the A25 there are two exits to the city, first “Aveiro-Norte” and then some kilometers later there is “Aveiro”. This second exit is used for reaching the University of Aveiro. (The University is near the hospital).
- From Lisbon Airport
By train from Lisbon Airport
The simplest way of transportation to Aveiro is by train. From the airport to Lisboa-Oriente railway station, the taxi ride takes about 10 minutes and costs around 10€. Alternatively there are buses (lines 5 and 44). The ticket can be bought on the bus for around 1€. Given the distance between Lisbon and Aveiro, it is best to use the fast train services (Alfa Pendular or Intercidades). The journey will take around 2h30 and a single ticket costs up to about 20€ (economy).
Information on train prices and timetables are available at http://www.cp.pt.By car from Lisbon Airport
There are various car-hire agencies at the airport. From the airport, follow the road signs for the A1 motorway in the direction of Porto. Leave the motorway at “Aveiro-Sul / Águeda (exit 15) and take the EN235 directly to the university campus (located just in front of the hospital). The toll charge for use of the motorway is around 15€ and can be paid in cash or with a debit card.By bus from Lisbon Airport
The bus station, called Terminal Rodoviário do Arco do Cego, is on Av. Duque D’Ávila, 12. Timetables and prices can be consulted at http://www.rede-expressos.pt.
How to reach the Campus from Aveiro railway station
Aveiro railway station is located in the centre of the city (see city map) about 25 minutes walking distance or 5-minute taxi ride from the University Campus. To reach the campus you can use any of the following means:
- Minibus: taking the green line outside the railway station will take you to the campus;
- Taxi: the trip costs around 4€
- BUGA – Bicicleta de Utilização Gratuita de Aveiro: free bicycles available everywhere within the city. You can pickup one at the train station and leave it at the campus.
You can find much information regarding Aveiro at the following site: http://www.visitcentro.com/en/destinations/aveiro/